A Large Convenience Store
A Large Convenience Store Retailer: From Paper-based to Paperless
The customer was a large convenience store retailer serving locations across the Northeast. The retailer operates from a 400,000 sq.ft. distribution center on the outskirts of Boston. Generix Group Partner LIDD Consultants were invited to implement the SOLOCHAIN WMS.
- Operating a paper-based distribution center
- Many existing practices involved significant amounts of clerical work and verification
- A flexible, highly configurable solution
- Many activities in the warehouse would be eliminated through data automation and the use of paperless technology
- A WMS configured to match planned features and fully integrated into the ERP
The program began within a virtual warehouse created in a conference room and proceeded to on-the-floor training. Together, the team implemented a trouble-shooting triage and escalation system.
A smooth Go-Live during a low-shipping period before the start of the busy summer season.
Six weeks post Go-Live, shipping errors went from 1 in 1,000 to 1 in 5,000
Labor productivity increased by 15%
After 12 months of running the WMS, the client felt comfortable with the inventory cycle program and phased out physical inventories