Automation and Visibility on the Spare Parts’ Flow
Analog Devices, Inc. defines innovation and excellence in signal processing. ADI's analog, mixed-signal, and digital signal processing (DSP) integrated circuits (IC) play a fundamental role in converting, conditioning, and processing real-world phenomena such as light, sound, temperature, motion, and pressure into electrical signals to be used in a wide array of electronic equipment. ADI is synonymous with high performance among electronics manufacturers. That means the clearest image, crispest sound, and optimum interface, size and performance in thousands of entertainment, medical, communications, industrial and other applications.
In today's automobiles, digital still cameras, LCD and plasma televisions, cellular handsets, medical imaging devices, and factory automation equipment, ADI's ICs enable continuous connections, more vibrant pictures, clearer sound, and increased portability. ADI's core analog and DSP technology is quite literally everywhere.
Analog Devices became a Generix group client in 2012. The corporate headquarters and facilities are located in Norwood, MA and their regional headquarters are established in Germany, Ireland, Japan and China.
- Analog is a manufacturing company managing spare parts for their own manufacturing equipment
- Previously used manual processes and tools like excel as Analog did not operate a traditional warehouse
- Confusion regarding the spare parts location at the Analog campus, its movements and the current condition or version of each spare part
- Required a unique order entry system for the repair processes to optimize machine maintenance
- Visibility was needed on the changes and upgrades within each spare part in order to optimize the usage of the expensive manufacturing equipment available
- Offered high inventory accuracy, ensuring no misplacement or loss of valuable inventory occurred
- End-to-end tracking and visibility platform to manage the flow of spare parts throughout the facilities
- Provided a high level of detail and traceability for the machine maintenance spare parts order
- Flexible order management optimization to multiple picking/consolidation methods
- Flexible reporting tools and management dashboard leveraging real time data
- Seamless, real-time Web Services integration with SAP, which serves as an ERP
- Knowledgeable and available on demand implementation and maintenance team
- Improved efficiency and productivity of the operations for the flow of the spare parts at the Analog campus
- Gains in efficiency as Analog was able to track master items by departments, machine numbers, version, etc. resulting in significant time savings and agility in its operations
- Delivered a highly customized order entry system for the spare parts flow, enabling Analog to manage its sales orders from creation to completion
- Weekly reports listing available inventory as well as past inbound/outbound transactions, managers could access the reports through their own account without needing a special SAP account
- Further customization was performed over the years to fine-tune the inventory management system, for example adapting the solution to the Analog SAP Upgrade requirements