How 3PL portals facilitate payer relations
Published on 29 January 2019
As customer experience becomes increasingly seamless and transparent, third-party logistics software (or 3PL) must, in turn, offer more flexibility and proactivity features to meet the needs of payers and the demands of their respective markets. It also needs to inform users about upcoming supply needs, available inventory, and tell them whether product reference systems are up-to-date. To streamline these exchanges and make information available to the supply chain’s various players, one solution stands out: the 3PL portal.
A collaborative portal to meet visibility challenges
More than half of companies suffer from poor visibility of the operations delegated to their MANQUE LE LIEN >> logistics partners— or 3PL. Decreasing profit margins, a tarnished brand image, and unhappy clients taking their business elsewhere are just some consequences of poorly organized supply chain management. This can be quite destabilizing for payers, particularly in an era when e-commerce reigns supreme. For industrial companies and distributors, the challenge is to assess potential hazards and swiftly act as a team to mitigate any impact on clients.
Between MANQUE LE LIEN >> delivery promises made from available inventory and tracking to destination, payers working with logistics providers are adding more specifics to their order fulfillment processes. Warehouse management tools such as a WMS (warehouse management system) offer the proactivity necessary to guarantee client satisfaction and communicate in real-time.
MANQUE LE LIEN >> For further reading: Optimize warehouses with triangulation
The benefits of a 3PL portal
By opting for a collaborative platform, payers and logistics providers can save time and increase their efficiency. 3PL software offers a Web solution capable of accelerating the development of their logistics operations and automating exchanges with partners. Simultaneously, industrial companies and distributors can gain the visibility needed to effectively handle sales, client service, and supply management, and they can also organize their transport operations.
With a 3PL portal, it becomes possible for all involved in the supply chain to:
- benefit from real-time visibility of available inventory;
- inform clients about the status of their orders and delivery so they can be notified in the event of delay;
- accelerate and build loyalty for reception of merchandise through shipping label generation, particularly for providers that don’t have an EDI solution;
- offer tracking and ensure the security of sensitive merchandise, such as pharmaceutical products, using a barcode system;
- automatically import product reference systems without the need for manual entry in the WMS solution;
- place transportation orders or orders with the warehouse;
- book a time slot for reception and/or shipping at the warehouse in order to streamline vehicle loads, prevent wait times, optimize platform spaces, and manage reception and preparation.
MANQUE LE LIEN >> On the same topic: 3PL and payers: the nearer, the better
Focus on the Generix 3PL Portal solution
The Collaboration and Visibility offer – which includes the 3PL Portal – is based on the most recent technologies and ergonomic standards and is totally open, thanks to its APIs. It can be deployed intuitively, whether within the transporter, subcontractor, payer, or client ecosystem.
The 3PL portal has many features for improved visibility and management of collaborative logistics operations with payers:
- display of available inventory;
- product reference system management;
- customer order tracking and supply tracking;
- transport request management and real-time movement tracking;
- product traceability and SSCC label deliveries, batches, dates;
- performance indicators.
The Generix Group 3PL Portal is a new “Collaboration and Visibility” expansion to the Generix Supply Chain Hub platform. It accelerates end-to-end operation control, making it easier to keep logistics promises made with clients. Want to learn more about its advantages and features? Head to the Generix 3PL Portal product page.