Stories of How Generix WMS Creates Efficiency and Productivity for These Two Beverage Companies
Published on 15 February 2022
More and more food and beverage companies focus on long-term growth strategies use digital transformation initiatives as a driving force for success. Technology investments have enabled organizations in food and beverage industry to improve processes and automate operations to find productivity and efficiency gains. A good WMS provides real-time inventory visibility for manufacturers and distributors and creates new efficiencies within inbound, warehousing, manufacturing, and outbound processes throughout a warehouse or plant.
WMS - Warehouse ManagementCheck out the dedicated page to discover all the features and much more Discover
SOLOCHAIN WMS is used by food and beverage companies as a platform for growth and operational excellence. This blog post shares two success stories from customers who implemented SOLOCHAIN WMS to transform their operations and facilitate growth.
WMS gives granular control and recovers 35% in lost efficiencies
As a grower-owned network of family hops farms, Yakima Chief Hops required complete traceability, control, and visibility into their finished products from farm to kettle. The company was experiencing lost inventory and customer allocation challenges. The implementation of SOLOCHAIN WMS allowed Yakima Chief Hops to:
- Stabilize customer allocations with all inventory movements
- Track inventory and its movement in real-time
- Attain complete lot traceability and enable recall management for different finished products across the manufacturing process
- Increase accuracy with quick data entry using QR codes that stored multiple data points on the same barcode
- Improve shipping lead times by multiple days and 24-hour turnaround for eCommerce orders
- Automate processes and dramatically reduce paper usage with scan guns
- Realize a net gain of 83,861 cartons that were not required to be transferred before shipping out to customers
Through the WMS, Yakima Chief Hops achieved their visibility and safety goals and delivered the quality of service they strived for to their customers.
WMS enables 50% total sales growth and a 200% increase from eCommerce
Cameron’s Specialty Coffee, a coffee roasting, packaging, and distribution company, relied on paper-based processes in their warehouse operations. With the growing demand for eCommerce options and food traceability regulations, the company needed to change its inventory management operations. The implementation of the WMS transformed the business providing it the ability to:
- Remove paper-based processes and now manage every step in the process from roasting, flavoring, grinding, and packaging within the WMS+MES
- Achieve 99.5% inventory accuracy and increase order fulfillment to 99.3%
- Decrease cycle count downtime by eliminating the weekly shutdown period
- Report faster and close month-end sooner due to real-time data transmission into the ERP system
- Create mobility in the warehouse with handheld devices and run more production lines
- Address customer compliance requirements (Walmart, Target, Menards, etc.)
- Enter multi-stage production data into CRM to consider operation particularities to reduce waste and re-route production as needed.
The 50% growth meant that Cameron’s Specialty Coffee had to enlarge its warehouse space by more than 25% between 2018 and 2020. WMS and MES allowed the company to scale its operations in line with its growth without increasing headcount in its finance department.
For food and beverage companies, SOLOCHAIN WMS can support a supply chain execution ecosystem to deliver resiliency, open new distribution channels, and ultimately, better manage, store, and preserve food-specific inventory with traceability that compliance regulations require. Learn more by downloading the Gartner Report today.
About Generix Group
As omni-channel driven demands become the norm, with resulting customer satisfaction harder to achieve, supply chain professionals need to leverage advanced WMS technology to keep their operations nimble, efficient, and scaling - especially in these volatile times.
Given Generix Group's completeness of vision and ability to execute, as recognized once again by the Gartner analyst community, their WMS is well positioned to help companies needing a modern, flexible and agile solution that can easily adapt to their changing needs. We invite you to contact us to learn more.