Yakima Chief Hops
A stronger hop supply chain thanks to Generix Group's WMS
As a 100% grower-owned network of family hop farms, Yakima Chief Hops is uniquely positioned to establish strong relationships between the growers who supply their super-premium hops and the innovative brewing customers who utilize YCH products in their beer.
YCH Mission is to connect family hop farms with the world’s finest brewers, providing the highest quality hop products and uncompromising service for the ultimate benefit of our customers, employees, and growers.
YCH supplies both commercial and home brewers with the quality hop products needed to brew creative and competitive beers, while continuously pushing the envelope through innovative and data-driven hop processing techniques.
- YCH is a multi-site agricultural processing and distribution company.
- Have 59 concurrent users for its three campuses (Sunnyside, Yakima, and Belgium) and the warehouses within each campus
- Multi-channel distribution: selling hops to commercial brewers and distributors, but also to private individuals through eCommerce
- Require complete traceability, control, and visibility into different finished products from farm to kettle
- Contracting, usage and inventory accuracy is key for privately owned brewers, as well as providing the right packaging and customization to commercial breweries
- Require seamless and constant integration with Magento Ecommerce and Sage X3 ERP system
- Solochain WMS to enable YCH to mitigate product loss and have constant information on their products’ movement and granular control over their inventory.
- Sage X3 ERP and Magento eCommerce custom integrations
- Customer allocation stabilized with all inventory movements
- Complete lot traceability
- Real-time inventory tracking
- Inventory movement visibility
Achieved better traceability to the original hop grower as well as recall management.
QR codes gave YCH the ability to store multiple data in the same barcode, resulting in efficient and quick data entry.
The previous system was estimated to cost on average 35% more in lost efficiencies.
The business has been able to improve the shipping lead times by multiple days in some cases, which has led to an increase in customer satisfaction and their ability to schedule their brew kettles accordingly.
24-hour turnaround for ecommerce orders
Improved the workplace environment for employees
The company was experiencing lost inventory and customer allocations prior to the WMS implementation.
Generix Group was able to accompany YCH on an insightful requirements journey, and a very smooth implementation process, and as a result YCH were able to successfully resolve issues and deliver the desired results.