Digital transformation: the priority for company it spending
Published on 13 December 2017
Are you wondering whether your company needs to embark on a digital transformation? The figures show that it’s high time you jump on board if you want to keep your spot in the race. What are the benefits? What technological trends should you invest in to ensure a high ROI? Your questions answered.
Why should you invest in digital transformation for your company?
According to a survey conducted by Syntec Numérique, the French Professional Association of the Digital Ecosystem, only 38% of industrial companies embarked on a digital transformation initiative in September 2016.
Aware of the stakes involved in investing in this sector, this year companies have placed digitalization at the heart of their concerns. To such an extent that it has become the number one priority for IT departments in 2017.
The benefits of a successful digital transformation for a company can indeed amount to a whole lot:
- In terms of operational efficiency: improved company processes and productivity, adapted tools and needs, reduced costs...
- In terms of innovation and service development: gateways to new markets, the development and launch of new products.
3 technological trends to invest in for 2018
According to Gartner advisory firm, technological and strategic expectations for 2018 revolve around 3 major trends:
- Artificial intelligence (AI): thanks to machine learning and connected objects capable of more keenly interacting with users, AI allows companies to make changes to their organization to optimize processes and improve customer relationship management.
- Digital representation of reality: with virtual reality, we can create deeply immersive user experiences.
- Networks and collaboration: with the implementation of blockchain technology, event-driven strategies and reinforced IT security, experts are placing importance on networks and indirectly on collaborative platforms.
Within this context, it becomes very difficult to ignore technological advancements and to reject the digitalization process because you risk losing your competitive edge. It is even more difficult given the benefits you will reap from this technology in terms of profitability.
Collaboration: revolutionizing productivity and innovation
The next step for companies in line with the times: invest in inter-company collaboration solutions. In fact, according to a study from Stanford University, collaborative companies are 5% more profitable and 6% more productive than other companies.
Furthermore, according to Equinox, more than one third of companies that deploy an interconnection strategy generate over 10 million dollars in additional revenue (58%) and in savings (42%) with quick return on investment within on average 4,2 months.